Brooks Ravenna 6

****DISCLAIMER: everyone's feet are shaped differently, and because I say that this shoe works or doesn't work for me, doesn't mean that it'll work for you. I intend on telling you about the structure and feel of the shoe and giving my opinion. Take it as you may.***

Brooks Ravenna 6:

Category: Light Stability

Fit: Snug in the heel and midfoot and open in forefoot.

Cushioning: Firm. I will say it is somewhat plush, but not as plush as Brooks is advertising.

Heel to toe drop: 10 mm

Weight: 8.8 oz

Price: $120

Comparable shoes: Asics 2000 3, Saucony Guide, Mizuno Wave Inspire

Company says: Step into the Ravenna 6 women's running shoes and step into a whole new world of cushion and stability. Riding the line between Neutral and Support with adaptive BioMoGo DNA cushioning in the midsole for custom comfort and an extended Segmented Crash Pad for full ground contact and seamless heel-to-toe transition. The adjustable saddle wrapping from heel to midfoot provides a snug fit so you can get up and zoom.

I say: The Ravenna 6 really is a great shoe. I love it because it is slightly between neutral and stability, so it works great for those people who need a little bit of support but don't need the tank of stability shoes. One thing that I will say about this model is that a lot of hype was given for the cushioning. I don't think that its all that soft. Really, the Ravenna is firm. So for those who were expecting the plush feeling that other Brooks models give, don't get your hopes up too high. This is not dissing the shoe at all. Once the shoe is broken in, it does feel a smidge softer, but right away, do not expect the clouds to open and give you a pillow on your feet. I like the shoe and might be getting a pair to try out, but I'll let you know if I do or not, and if I do, I will update on how they feel. 

Brooks Ravenna 6. Check yours out today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iowa November Race Calendar

Iowa December Race Calendar

September Iowa Race Calendar