100th post!

Hello everyone!

This is my 100th post! Woohoo! I have been working on this blog for a little over a year and a half now, and I just want to say thank you. Thank you to those who read these stories or calendars that I share with you. Thank you to those who keep up with the updates and share their feedback. Thank you to you all. This blog falls right in line with the passion that I have for running and I love to share all that I can with as many people as I can.

So an update to go along with everything. It has been a little over a month since I had my surgery on my legs. Things are progressing well and I have started to run (at an 8:30 pace too, keep in mind!!) about 100-300m every few walks. I try to get out every day and walk about 1.5 to 3 miles and am hoping to walk/run a 5k in July or August, (I have yet to pick a specific one yet). I recently set a goal to train and run (possibly walk some) the Rails to Trails half marathon in Norwalk, WI in November. I think that gives me plenty of time to learn to run again. Plus, this race has been on my list for a while. Maybe I will share this list with you sometime. I have a doctors appointment next Wednesday to assess my progress and possibly create a game plan for getting me back to the activity level I once was at, so I will let you know what I find out after that meeting.

Also, keep in mind that the July race calendar will be coming out in the next few days, as we are now halfway through June. If you have any requests for this next months calendar, please let me know. I could possibly do a separate calendar for another state if enough people are interested. I am also interested in continuing the "Life of a Runner" series. If you or you know of any runner who wouldn't mind being asked a series of great questions that are then shared with the world, let me know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iowa November Race Calendar

Iowa December Race Calendar

September Iowa Race Calendar