Life's A Little Goodr Now That I Got Some Shades

Ahahaha did you see what I did there?!? For those that don't quite get the joke, I will explain further down the post, that I promise you. For those that get it, I am sure there will be a few more puns as we move along.

Recently, as I have been scrolling through the pages on Facebook, I kept having this add pop up talking about these running sunglasses that look super awesome and are more cost-friendly than other brands. I had to find out more. As a recent college grad who has priorities, running sunglasses that cost an arm and a leg really aren't in the budget, and I find that most running sunglasses look a little goofy, but thats coming from someone who rocks the aviators most days.

After clicking on their link, it took me to their page full of fun colored shades with ridiculous names such as Flamingos on a Booze Cruise, Doggles for My Hellhound, and Nessie's Midnight Orgy. The thing that took me by surprise was the cost. These sunglasses only cost $25....Thats all. I will repeat. Running sunglasses that are less than a weeks worth of groceries. So I had this thought, "they really must suck then. Theres no way that they dont slip and slide around, and have any sort of quality to them." I was wrong.



I ordered a pair of Dat Dank Easter Basket Grass (after of course, debating with Rabbit Egg Hunt with Zombie Jesus), and waited. My biggest disappointment was when the post office decided that I didnt need them right away and held on to them for an extra two days. When they finally arrived in my mailbox, I was so excited to give them a try. I had perfect weather to give them a test drive. For those who dont know, here in the big-ole state of Iowa, humidity rises to about 1000% every few days in the summer, so if youre outside (standing around, running, or anything really), you will be sweating. So, one Wednesday, I go for a shorter run near my house, its around 85ish, but with the humidity, it feels like the low 90s. And thanks to the genes I got from my family, I sweat like a pig in a hot yoga class. I had a good feeling these glasses were going to have to be adjusted several times.



Well after putting them on and feeling like a stunna, (not sure if that is still a word people use, Im not too hip with all the current lingo), I took off on my run. First, let me say how nice the polarization is in these shades. They give the world a sort of purple-ish hue, but the sun doesnt kill my eyes! Also, they have a mirror layer, which allows me to give plenty of side eye to those who try to run me over or let their dogs chase after me, and they will never know where Im looking! Anyway, back to my run. I was sweating before I even hit one mile. Also, a key note in this whole thing, Im not the smoothest of runners, I dont "glide" like the elite runners do, where they seem to float. Im more of a slower runner whose body seems to find everything to bounce and move all over the place, a little faster than a jiggle jog (for those who dont know, this is when you run just slow enough that everything is-a jiggling). I figured these glasses would move and bounce the whole run, like any other pair of shades Ive worn while running. From what I found, no sweat, or bounce, was going to shake these glasses off of my melon. They were hanging on tight. The whole 3.5-4ish miles I ran, they were perfect.

Check out that tint! 

If youre not understanding, I love these sunglasses. They fit comfortably, they look nice, they stay in place, and they are wonderfully affordable. I already want my second pair (hint hint husband!), Im eyeing up either Gardening with A Kraken or Nessie's Midnight Orgy. But I definitely think you all should check them out! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iowa November Race Calendar

Iowa December Race Calendar

September Iowa Race Calendar