New Balance 980

****DISCLAIMER: everyone's feet are shaped differently, and because I say that this shoe works or doesn't work for me, doesn't mean that it'll work for you. I intend on telling you about the structure and feel of the shoe and giving my opinion. Take it as you may.****

New Balance 980:

Category: Neutral

Fit: More snug fitting than the standard New Balance shoe, not too tight tho. Hugs in the heel nicely.

Cushioning: Plush. A lot different than the adzorb cushion in other NB shoes. Contains Fresh Foam

Heel to toe drop: 4 mm

Weight: 7.3 oz

Price: $110

Comparable shoes: Saucony Kinvara, Nike Pegasus, Brooks Ghost

Company says: Experience the award-winning cushioning and smooth ride of the Fresh Foam 980 running shoe. With a lower midsole for a more natural underfoot feel, the Fresh Foam is incredibly soft yet stable, with breathable mesh upper for miles of cool comfort.

I say: I knew the 980 was going to be a different shoe once I read about it. New Balance has always been in my mind as the shoe my grandpa always wore. I couldn't picture myself wearing them. The creation of the Fresh Foam has changed the idea of New Balance for myself. The 980 is on a different spectrum of shoes for NB, by being soft and more form fitting than past shoes. There is a substantial amount of cushioning in the forefoot, as there should be. Since the shoe is a 4 millimeter drop, people who were running in the 880, 890, or comparable models should be cautious. Dropping to a much lower heel drop shoe can produce calf issues and those who take the jump should slowly transition to this movement. I will say that I like this shoe and am excited to see what else New Balance does with the Fresh Foam. Great shoe. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iowa November Race Calendar

Iowa December Race Calendar

September Iowa Race Calendar