Saucony Type A6

****DISCLAIMER: everyone's feet are shaped differently, and because I say that this shoe works or doesn't work for me, doesn't mean that it'll work for you. I intend on telling you about the structure and feel of the shoe and giving my opinion. Take it as you may.***

Saucony Type A6:

Category: Racing flat

Fit: Socklike around the entire foot, with a snug heel.

Cushioning: GRID cushioning. Firmer than the typical PWRGRID cushioning, however theres not much 
cushioning in this shoe, as it is a racing flat

Heel to toe drop: 4 mm

Weight: 4.5 oz

Price: $100

Comparable shoes: Nike Lunar Racer, Brooks T 7 Racer

Company says: The perfect combination of lightness and responsiveness, the Type A6 is designed to help you get that qualifying time. The improved FLEXFILM helps maintain support and reduce weight in the upper, while the IBR+ forefoot rubber improves the reaction time you need for a quicker turnover.

I say: if I were to ever buy a racing flat, it would be the Type A6. The fit is wonderful and comfortable. It does seem to run a little short, so I would consider trying on a half size bigger for a better fit, but this is the only thing I see different. One thing is that this shoe can be a great alternative to spikes for those doing longer distances in track and like a little more cushion. Also, the A6 does have drainage holes in them, making it a good tri shoe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iowa November Race Calendar

Iowa December Race Calendar

September Iowa Race Calendar