An update on my legs!

So I have my surgery scheduled, woohoo! On May 10th, 2016, I will be going under the knife (endoscopically) to have my anterior fascias released in both legs. So whats the difference? Rather than a 6 inch incision on the outer portion of both legs, I will be left with a 2ish inch incision on the outside of both legs. Heres some images to best describe it (Heads up, the open fasciotomy picture is not very detailed, but I did that for a specific reason. Do not look up compartment syndrome fasciotomy on an empty stomach.)


The open fasciotomy, again, I know its not very visual, but it gives you the right idea without being as gruesome as can be. 

The endoscopic surgery. Much smaller incision. 
So yeah, thats where I am at with my legs. I have to have one more appointment with a doctor to make sure I can deal with anesthetic but thats about it! Everyone heals at different paces with this, but my doctor said, typically, at worst, it might take 3 months, but some people heal in one. Its all up to how I am taking care of it and working with it as well. I just need this fixed, as I cannot speed walk even for a short distance and its a bit absurd.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iowa November Race Calendar

Iowa December Race Calendar

September Iowa Race Calendar