Another update on the legs!

So since my last update a lot of things have happened. My legs are no longer super purple, more green/brownish, I have had my first post-op appointment, and I have somewhat of a plan of my next steps.


My legs are feeling quite a bit better, I have taken off the steri-strips from my incisions, which makes my legs feel less constricted and less like something is pulling off my legs. I can walk easier, and a lot of the swelling has gone down. As you can see from the pictures, there is not much purple and pink remaining anymore, more brown and greens and yellows left around the wounds. I do love how the area around the cuts is white.

So what happened at my post-op appointment? Well, I will first let you know that I have one of the most "straight-to-the-point" kind of doctors. My visit lasted a whopping 10 minutes, if even that. He walked in the room, asked to look at my legs, I told him to mind how hairy they are (as I am afraid to get too close to them/I dont have the best balance and am afraid to fall in the shower...), he told me that the bruising and swelling are normal, checked out the strength in my ankles, and ended the appointment with telling me to continue to not do much and keep elevating and icing the legs as much as possible. I am supposed to not do any strenuous activity like running and biking, and I have to understand that if I walk or do too much, I will have more swelling than normal.

I have another appointment at the end of June where we will be making a plan for me to start running/biking/doing more activity. I am crossing my fingers, as I have a race in mind that I want to run in as my first run back. Not sure if I will be able to run it all, but I will be signing up for it. Well I am back to elevating and icing and finishing the office.

See you later!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iowa November Race Calendar

Iowa December Race Calendar

September Iowa Race Calendar