One more update!

I have another for everyone! So yesterday was my last doctors appointment! (Well at least for my legs). If I haven't said it before, my doctor is someone who makes his appointments short, sweet, and to the point. Sometimes that is not a bad thing, but sometimes it sucks to drive a little over an hour to have a short, less than 5 minute meeting with him to discuss things. Well anyway, I get there and he takes a look at my scars, (which are a tad red from a sunburn), says they are healing well, checks my strength in my feet and ankles, says that the strength is good, then asks what I have been doing as far as activities. (Just to catch you up on things, I wasnt really supposed to do much until I went to this appointment...oops.)

I was honest with him. I told him that I have been trying to walk a lot, taking it easy on days that I am more sore than others, and jogging a little, increasing the distance as things feel good. He told me that what I am doing is good, however I dont want to overdo things. I need to also look into biking/elipticaling to mix in and do as little running right now as not to rush things. I am going to try to run maybe twice a week, right now, that "run" will be around .25-.5 mile run with a lot of walking to not push myself too hard. Depending how I start feeling, I will increase the mileage or the amount of times I run in a week, as I am trying to train for a half on November 6th. I still have 5 months, and I should be able to get my body back up to the full 13 miles, if not more. 

I will keep everyone updated as to how I am progressing and transitioning back to running, I promise. I will have more pictures and day-to-day running updates on both my facebook page and twitter, which you should check out! 

Until then, see ya. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iowa November Race Calendar

Iowa December Race Calendar

September Iowa Race Calendar