Asics GT-2000 3

****DISCLAIMER: everyone's feet are shaped differently, and because I say that this shoe works or doesn't work for me, doesn't mean that it'll work for you. I intend on telling you about the structure and feel of the shoe and giving my opinion. Take it as you may.***

Asics GT-2000 3:

Category: Stability

Fit: Snug around the heel and through the midfoot. Somewhat roomy in the forefoot but nothing too sloppy.

Cushioning: A lot softer than the 2000 2.

Heel to toe drop: 10 mm

Weight: 8.4 oz

Price: $120

Comparable shoes: Brooks Ravenna, Saucony Guide, Mizuno Wave Inspire

Company says: Introducing the lightest GT-2000™ ever in the over 20 year history of the series! Much of the weight savings can be attributed to the new Heel Clutching System™ and new FluidRide™ midsole. An updated Guidance Line® and Guidance Trusstic System® complement the comfortably supportive Dynamic DuoMax® to provide mild to moderate overpronators the ultimate ride.

I say: Wow. Just wow. I have tried on the 2000 in the past and have never really been too much of a fan of it, but now, wow. In my past, I ran in the GT-1000, which is the 2000's cheaper and firmer cousin of a shoe. I liked it, but it never really was a favorite of mine, I thought the 1000 and many other Asics shoes were too firm for my liking. This 2000 has changed my mind. When I first put them on, I didnt feel the softness that comes with this shoe. I took a couple steps to walk and get a feel for the fit, and I felt it. Much of the plushness is set in the forefoot of the shoe, and when you run in it, you notice it. You might also notice it just walking around, but I ran about a tenth of a mile in these shoes and wow. It feels nice. I may have to purchase a pair for myself just to see what some miles will do to it. 

Asics GT-2000 3. Go try them on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iowa November Race Calendar

Iowa December Race Calendar

September Iowa Race Calendar