Life of a Runner: Emma Gitomer

Here is the portion of my blog where I feature different runners and their thoughts on a few different ideas. I hope that all of you enjoy reading and learning about different runners as much as I do. If you would like to be featured as a runner, send me an email! I would be more than happy to feature any runner who contacts me!

Life of a Runner: Emma Gitomer, 21
Emma is a Coe College cross country and track runner from Colorado.


How long have you been running for?
I've been competing for 10 years now, but I've been running since I was 9 months old.

What shoes are you currently running in?
I am currently cruising in some Asics Kayanos.

Are you training for anything right now?
I am currently training for 800s in track

What would you say is your most favorite race that you have ever done?
I absolutely love running 400s, being able to push your body to it's limits is just an incredible feeling.

What is the most interesting thing that has ever happened to you on a run?
I love to go running with my sisters puppy, in this park back home and I was 4 miles in when I realized that I was being stalked by three coyotes. I picked up the pup (30 lb. of pup) and began to run back to my car! Needless to say, that was the last time I took that trail again! 

Do you have a running-themed goal?
My running goal would have to be to run a marathon.

What is your favorite post-run food?
I am ALWAYS down for ice cream or a smoothie.

If you had to choose, would you rather run 3 miles up hill or 5 miles on a track?
I love running hills! In order to be able to run hills you need to have good knee lift, and be able to push yourself all the way to the top, because what goes up must come down! 

Do you enjoy running with music?
It, depends on the day, if I am running on a beautiful trail or I am running with friends then I just run and enjoy the company or the surroundings!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iowa November Race Calendar

Iowa December Race Calendar

September Iowa Race Calendar