Life of a Runner: Kendra Miner

Here is the portion of my blog where I feature different runners and their thoughts on a few different ideas. I hope that all of you enjoy reading and learning about different runners as much as I do. If you would like to be featured as a runner, send me an email! I would be more than happy to feature any runner who contacts me!

Life of a Runner: Kendra Miner, 20
Coe College student and runner.

Kendra, Middle, after the Des Moines Half

What is your running history like?
I ran track at Benton Community in middle school and freshman year of high school. However, I decided I didn't especially enjoy running in circles. I ended up going out for cross country my junior and senior years. It was during those two years that I discovered my love for running and the friendships formed through the activity. I have continued running on my own throughout my time at Coe College and ran my first half-marathon in October.

What shoes are you using right now?
I am currently running in Brooks Ghost 7, which I absolutely love!

Are you training for anything at the moment?
I'm not currently training for any races. I don't enjoy running indoors, which makes winter training rather difficult. I look forward to hopefully training this summer for my first marathon.

What would you say is your favorite race that you have ever done?
My favorite race was definitely the Des Moines Half Marathon that I ran last October. I never would have imagined that I could run 13.1 miles! I also enjoy any races that include running in wooded areas and prairies.

What is your favorite season to run in?
I love running in the fall for multiple reasons. I enjoy the beautiful scenery and looking for migratory flocks of songbirds and waterfowl. The crisp, fall air is also perfect for a run.

If you could run a race anywhere in the world, where would you choose to go?
I would love to run a race in Alaska. The breathtaking scenery would make every mile worth the effort.

Is there a specific race you hope to eventually run in?
I hope to eventually run a marathon on one of the coasts because I've never seen the ocean before. I think a race would be a great reason to jump on a plane and finally see it!

Long or short distance, and why?
I have always been a long distance runner. I enjoy being able to settle into my own pace and allow it to carry me for miles. I also like distance running because I can spend longer periods of time in the outdoors.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iowa November Race Calendar

Iowa December Race Calendar

September Iowa Race Calendar