Asics Nimbus 17

****DISCLAIMER: everyone's feet are shaped differently, and because I say that this shoe works or doesn't work for me, doesn't mean that it'll work for you. I intend on telling you about the structure and feel of the shoe and giving my opinion. Take it as you may.***

Asics Nimbus 17:

Category: Neutral high-cushioned

Fit: Hugs the midfoot and the heel, maybe not as tight as other Asics models, but a nice, glove-like fit. 

Cushioning: They added a thicker Fluidride foam over the gel, which makes this shoe hella-soft. Like I am not kidding you. It is too soft for my preferences, but for those that like a lot of cush, this is a shoe for you. 

Heel to toe drop: 13 mm

Weight: 8.8 oz

Price: $150

Comparable shoes: Brooks Glycerin, Saucony Triumph, Adidas Energy Boost

What the company says: When designing the new GEL-Nimbus® 17, ASICS opted for a little more revolution than evolution. Serious weight reduction takes center stage, with a nearly seamless FluidFit® upper that fits and feels like a runner’s dream. The new FluidRide™ midsole and extended Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL® Cushioning system improve upon the already famously plush and luxurious ride. Nothing but the best would do underfoot, thus a new top-of-the-line ComforDry™ X-40 Sockliner sits atop new full-length ComforDry™ lasting for the ultimate in cushioning and comfort.

What I say: Wow. I never liked the nimbus before, but now...wow. This fit, in my opinion, is so much better than previous Nimbus models. I will say that this shoe also feels definitely more cushioned than the lower models like the Cumulus, however, I think it is almost too soft. Especially for those who have been in the Nimbus forever. But, that is for you to find out for yourself. Its a good update in some senses than others in my opinion, but like I said, that is just my opinion, others may find it to be the best shoe or the absolute worst shoe that they have ever set foot into.

Go try them on, then tell me what you think!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iowa November Race Calendar

Iowa December Race Calendar

September Iowa Race Calendar