Nike Vomero 10

****DISCLAIMER: everyone's feet are shaped differently, and because I say that this shoe works or doesn't work for me, doesn't mean that it'll work for you. I intend on telling you about the structure and feel of the shoe and giving my opinion. Take it as you may.***

Nike Vomero 10

Category: Neutral, High Cushioning

Fit: Hugs the foot more around the midfoot, toebox is roomy but not as roomy as it used to be

Cushioning: Plush-like, but a little stiffer than it used to be.

Heel to toe drop: 12mm

Weight: 8.9 oz

Price: $140

Comparable shoes: Saucony Triumph, Brooks Glycerin, Asics Nimbus

Company says: The Nike Air Zoom Vomero 10 Women's Running Shoe delivers lightweight, breathable comfort and responsive cushioning with a Flymesh upper and Nike Zoom units in the heel and forefoot. Dynamic Fit technology uses Flywire cables that integrate with the laces to provide lockdown and stability through footstrike.

I say: I never was too much of a fan of the Vomero 9. My mother was, however, I never saw the craze of that shoe. I love the 10. They took away the huge, ugly toebox, the overly cushy heel cushion, and added the flymesh, which is awesome. At first, the shoe felt somewhat like a stability shoe. What I mean by that is that there is a stiffer cushioning under the foot than what it used to be, and the arch is somewhat rigid, both things make it feel like it is a stability shoe, even though it is still a neutral shoe. I would love to get a pair and put 100 miles on them and then do another review, which I might, but honestly, I think that it is a wonderful update. To those who have been in the Vomero for years now, expect a little change.

Nike Vomero 10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iowa November Race Calendar

Iowa December Race Calendar

September Iowa Race Calendar